Archived Searching for a pixel artist

Chrisk

Music Weaver
Contributor
Art
The heart containers are looking really god, but I think they need an outline. The stone background isn't quite matching :) I really like the experience bar though :p

SuperSnark

Lore Master
Contributor
Design
Art
I'll mess around with the background some more. Anything you have in mind? Maybe a more "wood" kind of theme or ... hmm. Well, any ideas let me know. =)

Or .... what about no background? Just have the UI elements float over the graphics?

Chrisk

Music Weaver
Contributor
Art
Yeah, I think a wood theme should fit better, leaving the background blank too I think :) I would recommend to not use as much photoshop effects, because they don't feel like pixel art. :p

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
I'd throw the bar on top of the hearts instead of below, since it is "bigger" :)

Skaldarnar

Development Lead
Contributor
Art
World
SpecOps
SuperSnark, what does it look like if he bends his left arm in the middle frame a bit. I looks a bit static. But else, nicely done!

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Oh, hehe, at first I thought he was holding the sword gangsta-style in the middle frame, but that's his arm, okay :D

Very nice!

Chrisk

Music Weaver
Contributor
Art
Would it be possible to do a little bit more like "interpolation" frames? The animation still looks a little bit static, but I really like the hero, great job SuperSnark :)

I just made some tests if the perspective would fit inside the game and it turned out good :) We are currently btw focusing on more engine code than the actual game, since some functionality is still missing. The engine can also run singleplayer code as a multiplayer game so we may be implementing a multiplayer co-op mode.

ingame.png

ingame2.png

SuperSnark

Lore Master
Contributor
Design
Art
Yep, I was thinking the same thing Chris. I'm definitely learning as I go. =)

I think I'm going to come up with a generic walk first, from multiple angles - front/back/left side/right side first. I think that should be pretty simple. Then I'll focus on smoothing out the combat swing.

What other animations do you need?

SuperSnark

Lore Master
Contributor
Design
Art
Walking Animation

heroWALKssPNG.png
<--sprite sheet PNG

heroWALKss.gif
<-- sprite sheet GIF

aniWALK.gif

I have no idea why the background goes pink .... :(

Chrisk

Music Weaver
Contributor
Art
Wow, that is really smooth and good looking, great job SuperSnark :D I already answered to your last post, but it somehow wasn't submitted, so I'm trying to repeat myself here:

I think the first animations we need would be walking and running animations for each direction, a "draw sword" animation, an animation for carrying things (both arms going up and staying on top of the heros head) and animations for each weapon, like bow, staffs etc.

The next step would be creating a basic tileset so we could start creating maps already :)