SFX Factory - Other Side: Complete

Exile

Contributor
Art
Re: SFX Factory

Cervator said:
I like it! I can't even think of much I'd suggest changing. If I should throw one thing out there - should there be slightly more of an... apex? Around 1:17 before the tune starts to descend?
that's where the layering comes in :) and you tell me that you don't know music very well hehe

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps

I'm good at improvising, comes with the Jack of all Trades :D

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps

Played it, but having a hard time recalling how the first version played in comparison. Is it possible to keep each version available separately?

Exile

Contributor
Art

With other genres of music, I have kept all versions of each track but to keep the Terasology folder clean, I've been overwriting them. Sorry, pal :)

Here's some of the changes:

Added 5 new instruments
Added large effects for changes every 16 bars
Added more length to the track
Added a new pattern to interchange with the original
Reduced the bass frequencies of the main piano

-

If you listen really closely, focus on the basic sounds beneath it, you will get the jist of the previous version.

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps

Yep, definitely could pick up some of the same feel, but having a hard time determining whether I actually liked the original more - with just that one apex tweak possibly making it perfect :)

I'll have to have another listen tonight tho, I was in a loud room and not able to listen well.

Exile

Contributor
Art

Cervator said:
Yep, definitely could pick up some of the same feel, but having a hard time determining whether I actually liked the original more - with just that one apex tweak possibly making it perfect :)

I'll have to have another listen tonight tho, I was in a loud room and not able to listen well.
It could possibly be the case :) Can do more reductions to meet the previous version. I won't release the game file until it's finished, so the back&forth process really helps to cater towards the correct image.

Exile

Contributor
Art

v2.1 of Other Side track, going up in the next 60 seconds.

Edit: Up now!

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps

Okay, pretty sure I like this version, and I think it reminds me more of the 1st version now. But hard to be sure without prior versions, can't compare to 2.0 either :D

I think it might be a great benefit to have the differing versions accessible for comparisons and tweaking. Final game version is absolutely no rush tho! What do you think?

Exile

Contributor
Art

Cervator said:
Okay, pretty sure I like this version, and I think it reminds me more of the 1st version now. But hard to be sure without prior versions, can't compare to 2.0 either :D

I think it might be a great benefit to have the differing versions accessible for comparisons and tweaking. Final game version is absolutely no rush tho! What do you think?
We'll keep all the previous versions, starting now. Also, gonna make a couple tweaks tomorrow, should be the final version.

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps

Cool, thanks! Keep up the good work :D

And maybe at some point we can get some more people to participate in this most epic thread in the forum *cough*whereiseverybody!*cough* - I'm getting better at expressing myself about music but don't want to be the only voice providing feedback! :geek:

Exile

Contributor
Art
Re: SFX Factory - v0.2.1 (Other Side BGM)

Ofcourse. Got a few more things in the pipelines, couple hints on the OP post of what we're working on.

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps

Ooooh. Suspensey!

metouto

Contributor
Art

I would love to comment but all I hear in the game when I play is an echo chamber with model T's running through it. I am sure it is my system :( and NOT the music ;)

I did hear Resurface and Other Side on youtub and really liked the mood set of them ;)

The .rar or .ogg I can't seem to get to play :( (my lack of knowledge for sure)

and to be real truthful mt ear for music is not very good ;)

Exile

Contributor
Art

metouto said:
I would love to comment but all I hear in the game when I play is an echo chamber with model T's running through it. I am sure it is my system :( and NOT the music ;)

I did hear Resurface and Other Side on youtub and really liked the mood set of them ;)

The .rar or .ogg I can't seem to get to play :( (my lack of knowledge for sure)

and to be real truthful mt ear for music is not very good ;)
Don't be disheartened fellow :) Thanks to you, we know there are issues on certain PC spec's! Hopefully, someone knows what is going on.

And you don't need an ear for music. Just let your brain do the work. Play the song and listen for anything that might annoy you or make you think, 'that doesn't quite fit'. If you mean, even then, you still can't hear anything wrong that isn't a problem. It means your tastes are more varied to fine tune.

metouto

Contributor
Art

Thank you for the pep talk Exile, I sure can use that at times :)

Exile

Contributor
Art
Re: SFX Factory - v0.2.3 (Other Side BGM)

Other Side v.0.2.3 :) Any feedback or changes?

begla

Project Founder and Lead Developer
Contributor
Architecture
Logistics

Love it! Especially the part around 1:00 min (and the ending) sounds incredible on my studio speakers. Finish it up so I can put it in the game! :D

Exile

Contributor
Art

begla said:
Love it! Especially the part around 1:00 min (and the ending) sounds incredible on my studio speakers. Finish it up so I can put it in the game! :D
Roger! Doing a load of listens (may take the whole night), then will do an .OGG upload and will post here when it's ready :) We really like to put the press on the quality.

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps

I concur. Ship it!