SFX Factory - Other Side: Complete

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Re: SFX Factory - New BGM*

Thanks! Will check it out when I get home :)

It is a piece of cake to update audio files after they've been integrated into the game, so we can always swap for newer versions over time

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps

Alright - listened. I like it :)

Feedback: I think one piece of audio effect cuts off rather abruptly right at the beginning (2 secs in) and the piano might be a tad too deep / low tone?

Exile

Contributor
Art

Cervator said:
Alright - listened. I like it :)

Feedback: I think one piece of audio effect cuts off rather abruptly right at the beginning (2 secs in) and the piano might be a tad too deep / low tone?
We do the demo versions on low volume to get the right sounds down before making all the dynamic changes (volumes of each sound), make a bass line, throw in a few melodies and then correlate the feedback. Then, we reiterate the bass-line run downs between notes and adapt the melodies. Expect the next version :p

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps

Oh, I didn't mean the piano was too low volume compared to other stuff, the tone was just very deep - is that the right term? Could use just a slight tweak of less dark? I don't know the terminology right :cry:

Exile

Contributor
Art

Cervator said:
Oh, I didn't mean the piano was too low volume compared to other stuff, the tone was just very deep - is that the right term? Could use just a slight tweak of less dark? I don't know the terminology right :cry:
You are right. It refers to either the structure of notes (more flats/sharps = darker tone) and the mastering (frequencies) of the instrument that are strong.

What I meant myself, was that it's intentionally left as basic as possible (made on low volume) for criticism so that we get the best out of it :p When we do a first rendition, we don't worry about all the small stuff. We keep it on lower volumes just to make sure we're not distracted by the problems of the actual audio.

Exile

Contributor
Art

6 ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ 6 ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ 6

Resurface (v0.2.0) is now up (with the .OGG game file attached); on the first post.

Exile

Contributor
Art

Opinions please, Cerv! :) Need to reflect a latest version if need be

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps

Ack, having trouble keeping up. Am on call this week and have Production work to do tonight, boo.

Exile

Contributor
Art

Cervator said:
Ack, having trouble keeping up. Am on call this week and have Production work to do tonight, boo.
Don't worry, also good to note, we just updated it to v3 and most likely the finished version. Check it when you can :p

Looking to do stone hitting sounds for tools/stone blocks in general in the near future. Probably implementable straight away :) but at your digression :)

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps

Ooohhh, I really like this version. I can see (well, hear) it in-game already, right as you emerge back out into sunlight! Fits perfectly :D

We need a video with that music

Second 2 till second 3 still seems to be broken for me tho? No sound at all, very abrupt

Exile

Contributor
Art

Cervator said:
Ooohhh, I really like this version. I can see (well, hear) it in-game already, right as you emerge back out into sunlight! Fits perfectly :D

We need a video with that music

Second 2 till second 3 still seems to be broken for me tho? No sound at all, very abrupt
Should be fixed :)

Also, an idea with implementation: MineCraft doesn't always play the music, it sometimes takes ages to even get ingame music during your travels. But we don't want the lack of music, like MC, but that space of emptiness definitely aids the feel of open world themes. So, perhaps with these heavily composed songs have them play every few cycles. So, this wouldn't play just every sunrise but every 4 sunrises, maybe to mark changes of seasons etc. It's very late, hope this makes a little sense :)

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps

Now it might be listed as private - can't hit it :)

Exile

Contributor
Art

Sorry, thought I would be able to upload it before you got back :) Give it 60 seconds then refresh if you read this by the time I post. Make sure to check if anything sounds off

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps

That did it! Thanks! We need to find a hook for this in-game now :D

Exile

Contributor
Art

New demo going up tomorrow evening :) and possibly first version of pickaxe sounds.

begla

Project Founder and Lead Developer
Contributor
Architecture
Logistics

Exile said:
New demo going up tomorrow evening :) and possibly first version of pickaxe sounds.
Awesome! Can not wait to hear it. :)

Exile

Contributor
Art

begla said:
Exile said:
Awesome! Can not wait to hear it. :)
Have to make good music for a good game :D We appreciate the comments, this keeps us inspired to produce at our highest level. You work just as hard, go get some sleep :!:

Exile

Contributor
Art
Re: SFX Factory

After lots of computer crashes this morning, we'll finally be getting a demo out very soon ~:) keep your eyes peeled then give us feedback on how to improve since it's v0.1.

Exile

Contributor
Art

Ok, first demo's up! Go easy on it :) Changes and feedback appreciated

it's a base of the complete song, theres alot of layering to come.

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps

I like it! I can't even think of much I'd suggest changing. If I should throw one thing out there - should there be slightly more of an... apex? Around 1:17 before the tune starts to descend?