WIP Metal Renegades - wild west meets robots

Cervator

Project Lead and Community Wizard
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Fancy and nice :) Still scary looking, but I'm not sure Blender could ever be made non-scary.

"clic" to "click" in a few places

Page 3 - what does "translate the object" mean? Maybe a clarification?

Very cool to see the connection between the robot concept art and the initial Blender shape on the following pages - although I thought that as of page 11 which then turned out to be the last current page, hehe

SuperSnark

Lore Master
Contributor
Design
Art
You know what else would make this a really fun, cool game. If you could build your own robots out of pieces. Say there are 10 predefined "head" models, 10 bodies, 10 arms, 10 treads/legs to start with, and you can combine them to various effect. Maybe resource gathering allows you to unlock more / better parts and you can further construct the robots - now with combinations of old and new parts.

And you could create your own hybrid mixes of robots. Like, say there's a "mining" arm that's a drill and has a +20 drill effect. But it could also be used as a weapon in a pinch.

So you could create and send out your minions like a Real Time Strategy game, but still play and build and explore in first person mode.

glasz

Contributor
Art
Hey

As for the tutorial it was asked for by metouto, who then never showed up again, so i thought it wasnt worth spending more time on it.

Yep i thought about that modular robot thing. As you said there could be a base motrice unit, that could be a number of legs, or wheels, or tracks, etc..., then a main trunk module that would hold the batteries and stuff, as well as connectors for arms/weapons/tools, and head/sensors...

Cervator

Project Lead and Community Wizard
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
I think that tutorial would be hugely useful in general, not only for @metouto to have something to learn and do :)

The modularity piece sounds great and a robot like that is a perfect candidate. Dooooo eeeet!