WIP Animals

RampageMode

Contributor
Art
glasz
of course should birds be modeled
i was talking about the insects
if we used texture-only birds, we could use the duke-nukem3D engine :DD
but shotgun pigmen would be awesome, especially in a medival fantasy scenario ;)
i also want to work on the bear, but i am afk from blender :(

Wolfghard

Contributor
Art
Not shotgun pigmen pls!!I will work on Birds!!maybe i will make some different Birds!

Wolfghard

Contributor
Art
glasz pls can you change the pickaxe model oder the axe?!?They look "ugly" maybe u can make a 32x32 version of it ...What do you think about it?!?
Cervator what do you think about my final deer model?The download is above...

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Wolfghard - feel free to come up with alternative tool icons, yeah the current ones might be a bit "big" tho that may be more how they're drawn to screen than the icon itself.

Deer model - much appreciated, would like to get it into the game soon. Still need somebody who is interested in actually working that area (making the models show in-game) - which may be a little bit.

RampageMode

Contributor
Art
glasz like it pretty much, but i would change the tail section, there is a ugly edge under th tail.
it would be better the outline has one kind of flow
i hope you get what my point is, pretty hard to explain

RampageMode

Contributor
Art
i have no access to a pc atm
just online with my mobile phone

let me explain it another way:
if you would fill the spaceings between the tail/ body and ear/body, it would create some new oriented faces/lines
and these lines should have the direction of the lines they are connected to.
as soon i can use a computer, i'll show it to you

zproc

Contributor
Art
Hello, I've been away quite a while. Working on the panda model right now. :)

I have to say there is some nice models already here, it's nice to see all of this on the its way.

zproc

Contributor
Art
So here's as a test my first version of the panda (only a Blender screenshot 'cause I don't know how to tune the lights etc to make a good render and it's not very useful anyway as it will end up rendered by the game engine :s).

I have the texture partially made, but I have to say I "almost" never did any texture with Blender and I have a bit of trouble with the UV/unwrapping and painting of the texture (just to see which poly is where on the image/plane). I used a 64x64 text. Is it okay? Is there some other recommended size?

Wolfghard

Contributor
Art
zproc it's quite good :D but i think you dont need to make a Uv Map, just take 64x64 textures and add them to the different materials ;D at the moment it must be a little bit more "blocky"

I hope that help

Wolfghard

Contributor
Art
Cervator is a uv map necessary for the implementation?Because these are only blocks and not a high polygon body!

@All there were some problems in the blender file pls dont use it !i will upload a wavefront file soon

Wolfghard

Contributor
Art
Here it is !The new Version as a wavefront file!I hope that no one important has downloaded the old one! D:

There is no UV MAp at the moment so pls be patient!

Immortius

Lead Software Architect
Contributor
Architecture
GUI
UV map is required regardless, because otherwise how can the engine know where to place different parts of the texture on the mesh?