WIP Animals

RampageMode

Contributor
Art
at least i would auto-UV
it looks very shitty sometimes, but its just an easy way if u dobnt have that much time

glasz

Contributor
Art
Immortius : just for the record (we'll use textures of course) : there's also the option of not using textures at all, just material colors...

Wolfghard

Contributor
Art
glasz i will try my model .... maybe it works!And i not ment material colors i ment to add the body some materials and then i give them textures!I thought that there is no uv map necessary!And not the materials in src code of terasology!I ment materials in blender...

glasz

Contributor
Art
Wolfghard : i think i see what you mean, some kind of wallpaper texture ? But for the panda for example, we need a big white spot precisely on the belly, smaller white spots around the eyes, etc... so it wouldnt work with one repetitive wallpaper texture.

Immortius

Lead Software Architect
Contributor
Architecture
GUI
Immortius : just for the record (we'll use textures of course) : there's also the option of not using textures at all, just material colors...
True enough.

glasz i will try my model .... maybe it works!And i not ment material colors i ment to add the body some materials and then i give them textures!I thought that there is no uv map necessary!And not the materials in src code of terasology!I ment materials in blender...
Terasology doesn't have any support for blender materials at the moment.

glasz

Contributor
Art
Immortius : material is not a blender specific thing, its part of the opengl package, one of the things you can manipulate through shaders i think, so i guess since terasology is lwjgl there is some sort of material colour somewhere, dont ask me where :)

Here's a link explaining that better than i could.

Immortius

Lead Software Architect
Contributor
Architecture
GUI
Immortius : material is not a blender specific thing, its part of the opengl package
I never said materials were blender specific; what I meant is Terasology doesn't really support materials in the sense blender uses them - allowing them to be chucked on objects and displayed in a semi-sensible manner without UV mapping.

OpenGL doesn't quite have anything called a material, although in essence they are just a combination of a shader and its settings - which is what a Terasology material is. Whether a UV is required or not is up to the shader - and our current shaders expect one.

Nym Traveel

Contributor
Art
World
zproc: The arm looks a bit too low poly imho, especially the shoulder could be more, hmm, difficult to explain, i try this: your panda: \ [body] / where the slash is the first part of the shoulder, could you try a version with | [body] | or some sort of in between, my keyboard is quite limited ;)

ps: also the ears look quite thick

Wolfghard

Contributor
Art
glasz is there a chance to get a forum rank named "designer" or sth. like that?This rank is for every one who works on the models for terasology?It would be nice!

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Let there be Artist badges! (and let me know if I missed anybody)

I'm a bad person to ask graphics-related questions to, incidentally, I get about as graphic as adding new blocks... or tagging people with shiny badges ;)

RampageMode

Contributor
Art
now i got the badges, i have achived my aim and just gonna chill
:D
just kidding, i'll hope i am back home tomorrow so i can start thr bear and maybe the goblin and redo the cow, so it fits better to the panda and donkey

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
The Golden Donkey of Gronkh lives! Nice job :)