(edit)
just noticed the final fool is a mix between 1 and 2

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
I was going to say #2 was too white in comparison with the red fool, in which case I'd throw my vote in either for #1 or tweaking the red fool with a little more black - but yeah the one in the lineup with one added piece of white could be just right :)

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
a first walk loop for the rookelephant
That's awesome - has a very "heavy" feel to it, which is just right. Reminds me of an ancient chess game I had on my Amiga 500 where the rooks were stone golems and walked with this sweet "ton of bricks" sound.

SuperSnark

Lore Master
Contributor
Design
Art
This is so awesome glasz. It's really fun and fascinating to watch how this is done. Thanks for sharing this. And what's the music? I like it.

glasz

Contributor
Art
It's Cocorosie : smokey taboo. Maybe i should mention it on the video to avoid troubles :/

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
News! Marcin Sciesinski popped up just a few days ago and already created a "block network" module that's essentially the foundation for stuff like redstone. No incubator thread yet but I made a demo video real quick. Just like that we have something that cool from out of nowhere :omg:

How does that relate to L&S? I was immediately thinking about how we could use such a system to drive more content for L&S and since tower defense has been brought up ... how about we find a way to "seed" some static power sources in the world (randomly each game, but symmetrical between the two sides of the map) then let the players be responsible for hooking the power up to defensive structures, driving turrets.

Build too far from a power source and the attack gets weaker plus players can more easily cut/destroy the wires. build too close and you don't have a very thorough defense. Build too many towers and they each become weaker. Lose too much cable and you have to go gather material to make new ones. Fortify underground maintenance tunnels with harder materials (although it should probably be time-consuming to dig in the first place). And so on.

The new mod also includes pressure plates, for traps :D

In other news MPratt is making progress with a map previewer, which could also be useful for displaying a map in-game, perhaps even a "command map" for the players to use to issue commands to the troops (NPCs). Progress! :)

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Aw man - dice as catapult ammo? That is just freaking awesome. And cubic! :D

I want to see a giant die embedded into a damaged tower wall in-game. Then I will be a happy nerd.

glasz

Contributor
Art
Black pawn with texture :

And as promised to Janred a little making of. Its mostly a UVmaping making of, since the texture is minimalist. This one gave me a little trouble, as i had to start things all over again after doing it the wrong way. I hate uvmaping. As a result some bits are missing, but it should show the overall process. And youtube low rezed it, i dont know what i did wrong...Hope it's kind of usefull still :

Janred

Contributor
Art
I wish i could watch that first part in higher quality ;)
Had to watch it with Proxy, too.
Gema closed it due to music rights.
Anyway, looks great and thanks for the video glasz :)

SuperSnark

Lore Master
Contributor
Design
Art
UV mapping is a total pain I agree! :)

I love watching these sped up videos ... knowing how much time goes into it ... just makes me laugh.