WIP [LaS] Light and Shadow - Art Discussion

Cervator

Org Co-Founder & Project Lead
Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Just posted a pile of images from this thread to the social outlets, it all looks great :)

SuperSnark - for glyphs 13-15, the idea there to show how the white wand was hidden away in a secret spot? Bit puzzled why the little tao symbol goes from red/black to full white. Took a little checking back and forth to realize the "wand gifting" glyph has a background icon behind each wand that isn't actually part of the wand :geek:

Janred

Contributor
Art
Awesome sh*t SuperSnark, really nice models and animation Glasz :)
Thanks Cerv for posting this on FB, was a bit quiet without you ;).

SuperSnark

Lore Master
Contributor
Design
Art
Cervator the tao symbol is formed of White's "blood" initially. It represents the guilt and culpability of both Black and Red in his death. Also that all three colors are from one source. Turning it white at the end is multipurpose. The pachisi board is composed of red/black squares, but at it's center is where the Chamber of the White Scepter will be housed in a white, stone tomb. I'm actually thinking there may be a raised, gazeobo-like monument over the floor/doors to the chamber with the tao symbol. It implies the neutrality of the centerpoint of the world, and is a visual reminder of an alternative to the Black/Red conflict. And that the White avatar is now at peace.

SuperSnark

Lore Master
Contributor
Design
Art
SuperSnark question: does the elephant rook have one or 2 feet (since the rhino seem to have 2)?
Two, the elephant is more a straight on side view than the rhino, which is just a bit offset. I couldn't quite capture the look of the rhino without the slight offset. The elephant's feet, in my mind, are more closely set together, where the rhino has a bit of a wider stance. Kind of like Wolverine in a crouch. ; ) I'm not entirely happy with the tower on the Rhino, as it looks a bit awkward. And the stance does cause him to loose a touch of the totemic feel ...

SuperSnark

Lore Master
Contributor
Design
Art
Revised Black Rook ... a little more eye to eye with the red now, with the castle more part of him than a carried object.

rooks3.png

glasz

Contributor
Art
we're having some troubles with the blender md5 exporter (for exporting anims) any advice welcome :)

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
we're having some troubles with the blender md5 exporter (for exporting anims) any advice welcome :)
Was the going theory on IRC that it is a Blender version specific issue or did it not work at all? More details are always good :D

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Number 1 IMHO - 2 might have a tad too much red. I like the subtle bits of the opposing color.

I do love the contrast between the reds and blacks overall :)

Maybe a tiny central red star in the mace if you want to inject a tiny bit more red? Or make the head crescent or eyes red?

jafareyeexam.jpg

Cervator

Contributor
Design
Logistics
SpecOps
Yum. Send in the sappers! Makes me think of block integrity so merely digging under a tower would undermine it and could cause it to collapse, delicious explosives or no :)